We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[Treaty Proposal/PASSED] Treaty of Capricorn (with The Pacific)

(03-11-2018, 02:33 PM)Roavin Wrote: I don't think this will be such a turning point - the regions that may be pissed off by this are already not allied to us (unlike your TRR/Laz situation), and are themselves allied (multilaterally through SovAcc) to the NPO. So I don't really see your argument there.

As for me personally: I think it's good either way to be allied to them, and if it pisses off Balder in the process, that's a very pleasant side-effect!

Roavin, come on. Stop this downplaying. You know full well that aligning with the NPO will mark a shift in NSGP alliances. The relationships between NPO and other SovAcc members is poor and allying with us will have real consequences there. Much more will change for the NPO than for us, but they’re already fairly isolated anyways.

Again, I’m left confused as to why the Cabinet isn’t owning up to what it intends. I tried to tell this to the region in my campaign, being aware of what was in the works in FA but unable to reveal it without breaking confidentiality. TSPers should be aware of what they’re getting into, and the Cabinet shouldn’t try to make it seem like something else.

There’s a purpose behind this alliance, and it’s not “we’ve done festivals together!” NPO was viewed as a threat not too long ago. No Cabinet is going to hitch our wagon to the NPO, given their entire history, without having a good reason. Just be open about the reason! TSP is at the center of the modern NSGP conflict, with Osiris/Balder/TWP leading the charge, and we need to form a bloc of our own to counteract.

That’s far more compelling than sweeping all the negatives of the NPO under the rug just because we’ve done some Discord events together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Messages In This Thread
[Treaty Proposal] Treaty of Capricorn (with The Pacific) - by sandaoguo - 03-12-2018, 05:49 AM