We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[Treaty Proposal/PASSED] Treaty of Capricorn (with The Pacific)

While I must disagree with Glen over his support of the treaty, I do however agree with him on a major point: we are losing propaganda fights. In recent months it appears as though much of GP tends to be listing to the Balder/Osiris/Laz bloc in these PR instances. I can't speak for why this is happening but looking at, and following GP makes it appear like our ablity to win a PR battle is diminished. 

This will, by the very nature of FA become a PR fight and I believe Glen is right, we will likely find it difficult to win. Without full, unwavering support from the NPO in defending this and support from our GCR allies, I believe the outlook in a PR fight is grim. I personally believe our own treaties will stand and our alliances will last, however, the perception of us in our allies and NSGP as a whole is likely to change as a result of this is we don't play our cards perfectly. At the end of the day, FA is a battle of image.

I support the treaty but I believe this will require a strong presence on GP from us in order to ensure we maintain our position.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Treaty Proposal] Treaty of Capricorn (with The Pacific) - by Omega - 03-12-2018, 11:14 PM