We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[Discussion] Transparency and Community Building with Cabinet Appointments

I'm not 100% certain if forcing such things to be public is a good idea (though the idea certainly is compelling). However, this fits with a general idea I've had for a while now, and that is that I'd like to be able to have hearings on the forum!

The idea is roughly this: There is a subforum for hearings, which contains further subforums for Room A, Room B, Room C, etc.. On demand, when a hearing is requested, the access permissions of those subforums are adjusted accordingly. For example, if Cabinet+Court decide to hold a public hearing on nominating MysteryPerson to the court, the mask would be read/write for Cabinet, Chief Justice, and MysteryPerson, and read-only for legislators.

The drawbacks here is that it's quite annoying for administrators, almost prohibitively plus the question is then where the hearings are stored for posterity. So it's not a fully fleshed out idea.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Discussion] Transparency and Community Building with Cabinet Appointments - by Roavin - 05-06-2018, 01:38 PM