We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

RE: Administrative Interaction With Unibot

Administrators, of a region, are by their very nature endowed with immense power and responsibility. They, through their example, set the tone for what is and isn't respectable and acceptable.

In the case of predatory players, such as Unibot, having "access" to the majority administration team of a region like TSP, including players who are also members of the CRS and hold other government positions, validates his belief in his ability to get away with sexual harassment. That's why this is unacceptable.

In 2017, I was invited to this server and can confirm its existence as well as its membership at the time.  I left quickly citing that I felt uncomfortable.  I felt uncomfortable because the first thing Unibot did was to spread to other players that he "had access to Escade" which led to other players contacting me to confirm this and making assumptions about my character that were negative and also in some cases sexualized whether or not intended to be this way. 

I also did let know the CRS member I trusted most at the time that I thought Unibot was slime and that TSP as a region and TSPers should stay far away from him. The response to that was that I could not make anyone do anything.  Therefore, I backed off and occasionally brought up in other places (whether NSGP Discord or through private conversations) was that if players really wanted to get rid of Unibot they had to stop talking to him and about him and cut him off from the game.

The most disturbing part of this is learning today that Unibot wants to re-integrate into the NS community and is writing his version of events and planning to recant the apology he made for sexually harassing players in the first place. To know that a friend might have to deal with this is actually horrifying to me. 

Whether it's Unibot or Sam111 or Brunhilde or the numerous other players who have made this game hell for female players with their twisted predatory behavior, we need to make it clear that we do not justify sexual harassment or approve of it or legitimize players who have engaged in it.

Administration and the CRS are responsible for the safety of this community as well as the upholders of our community values. They should not be associating with Unibot or any other sexual harasser because if they do then there is no more belief in the justice and safety of our community. That Unibot is emboldened to come back to NS because of his powerful friends speaks to how dire this situation really is.

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

[-] The following 4 users Like Escade's post:
  • Amerion, Belschaft, North Prarie, Tim

Messages In This Thread
RE: RE: Administrative Interaction With Unibot - by Escade - 07-31-2018, 06:34 PM