We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Amendment to Citizenship Removals 1.2.7 of the Charter

First, thank you Unibot for offering real suggestions. Second, I'm just going to number these instead of quoting the ish out of previous posts.

1. I have a major problem switching to a "democratically" elected delegate via anything other than the forums. (In truth, I don't like it on the forums, either.) However, it would be really easy to rig the voting system and overturn the government. Like -- beyond easy. I wouldn't be opposed to returning to a Brave Little Toaster situation, but asking the sum total of nations in the region to vote is simply a recipe for trouble.

2. Now -- we don't need fighting over this. But, I think this might be something for out newly elected MoRA to weigh in on. GB -- any thoughts?

3. As far as I can tell, plebiscites and referenda are pretty much the same thing.

4. Both Kris and I have at times attempted to get more people to the forum. I don't disagree that we could have more of it, but it had certainly be attempted as of late.

5. Two of your examples are from authoritarian rule and wouldn't quite work here. (But, we've previously asked people to moderate the RMB.) We *do* have holidays in the Code of Law, perhaps we could come up with some better activities for them. I do, however, like the idea of a regional nation. Again: Thoughts, GB?
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Messages In This Thread