We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Huawan-Valkyria meet, Hai Lan Conference at the Royal Eastern Government Office

Myers was clearly disappointed with the Peony's response, "How can you say these things about freedom-loving Valkyrians who are exercising their freedom of religion?" Harrison was trying not to gape as she stared at Myers and mentally condemning her behaviour. "She is doing this here, of all places," the chancellor thought. Myers went on, "Apparently, Catholics and Muslims get to exercise their freedom of religion, but when the old religions and Protestants want to exercise their freedoms, they are persecuted. It seems the real cultists and terrorists are the ones running these countries." Journalists from both countries couldn't help but gape at the audacity of Myers and so was the chancellor.

The chancellor had enough of Myers' antics, "How dare you? Have you no shame? Valkyria is a land where you can worship a god or many or none at all. This is not about freedom of religion. This is about people hiding behind religion. I'll let you know that I am a believer in the Old Norse religion." This was the first time that Harrison ever publicly divulged information on her own religious views, "These people that you speak so highly of have kidnapped, tortured, and murdered people in the name of a god or several. This is not a religion. You say that believers of the old religions and Protestants are being persecuted. The government is a place where these people are leading our country. We have people in our cabinet who are Catholic, Protestant, Muslim, Jewish, pagan, and atheist. I will not allow this slander to stand. We are not even on Valkyrian land and you are saying these things. It's chicanerous and reprehensible."
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History

Messages In This Thread
RE: Huawan-Valkyria meet, Hai Lan Conference at the Royal Eastern Government Office - by Jay Coop - 10-23-2018, 12:46 AM