We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Her thoughts (Huawan-Frost Call) [Completed]

"I'm not too sure about the origins of the war, but I can tell you that this isn't a common fight for independence. It's far more complicated... The province used to be under a system of segregation where the minority Frost colonists oppressed the indigenous peoples under the guise of colonial autonomy. 20 years ago, the Empire found out about that system and set about to radically reform the oppressive society while making amends to the indigenous peoples. Its... part of the reason why I volunteered to study and help the indigenous tribes to help them preserve their culture. Before the Empire formally dissolved the local government, there used to be a compromise system in place. One where a political appointee was approved by the people in a referendum. However, political extremists killed the last governor, forcing the Empire to install an oligarchy and suspend the democratic institutions of the Province. The local frosts didn't take kindly to losing their political rights and mobilized... peacefully at first as my Cousin Itami would say, but then violently as Isara would later claim."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Her thoughts (Huawan-Frost Call) - by Imperial Frost Federation - 10-23-2018, 04:53 PM