We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[DISCUSSION] Should voting in elections count towards the voting requirement

(11-29-2018, 05:24 PM)Pronoun Wrote: I was going to hold off until after Amerion presented his proposal, but I guess it's fine now.

Votes in the Assembly indicate participation in a legislative process — the legislative process of creating, amending, or repealing laws. Elections have little do do with the legislature and instead concern the executive. The voting record of a legislator should, therefore, reflect legislative activity and not executive activity; being a legislator means participating in the legislature, not participating in regional politics.

Dang it I've never seen it that way. You got my kudos.

BTW it really is illegal to release private ballots...

Elections Act Wrote:(3) Voters will have the option to cast their privately vote using a secret ballot. The method of private voting will be selected by the Election Commission. The method must utilize an unaffiliated account or server, with the method and all votes remaining available for audit. Named ballots are not to be released under any circumstances.
The Sakhalinsk Empire, Legislator of the South Pacific
Currently a citizen and legislator of TSP. I am active as Sverigesriket in Europe.

Complete Conflict of Interest
[-] The following 2 users Like The Sakhalinsk Empire's post:
  • Amerion, Pronoun

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DISCUSSION] Should voting in elections count towards the voting requirement - by The Sakhalinsk Empire - 11-29-2018, 09:15 PM