We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[DISCUSSION] Amendment to Article 4 of the Proscription Act (Judicial Review)

(12-21-2018, 07:45 PM)Nat Wrote: Thanks for your reply @Amerion

I do not presently understand how allowing them to appeal would create a security threat to TSP. During the appeal, the individual could be banned from the region and only allowed to post in the court area of the forum. Apart from posting in the appeal thread, they would not have any more access to TSP than a random person from the public would.

However, perhaps I am overlooking something about this issue.

It is not so much the prospect of them appealing which in and of itself would constitute a threat to the Coalition. It is what happens after that concerns me. If we operate on the assumption that the proscription is grounded in facts (as they often are) and the region in question is indeed a threat to the region, then allowing any member of said-region into TSP is a security lapse.

I myself struggle with this issue, to be perfectly honest. There is no simple solution which can account for a myriad of scenarios. As such, I'm quite interested in hearing what others think of your proposal as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Amerion's post:
  • Beepee

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DISCUSSION] Judicial Review of Regional Prosciptions - by Amerion - 12-23-2018, 04:27 AM