We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[split] Amendment to Citizenship Removals 1.2.7 of the Charter

You haven't addressed my point about clashes of agendas, Tsu. Let's say if the Delegate had been a very well trusted member of TSP, one of the most senior members of the CSS ... Belschaft, and Escade had been PM ... do you REALLY think that would have went better than if Escade had just been delegate?

No, it would have been an unmitigated disaster. Most of the people we would have considered extremely trustworthy, including Milograd, Belschaft, Hileville, Southern Bellz etc. would have been problematic and have clashed with a Prime Minister at some point.

Quote:This has less to be concerned about an outside invasion, but rather a Milo-style coup from the current election set up. As Unibot has previously pointed out, it's a lot easier to upset an election of 30 than the endorsements of 200+.

Ahem --- it's even easier than both upsetting an election of 30 or 100, to worm your way up a chain of respected senior appointments and be chosen based on exclusive criteria. Winning against a field of candidates in a competitive election has always been more challenging than deceiving meritocratic structures.

If you think the problem of small electorates is as troubling as I do, I encourage you to reconsider my proposal to expand the size of the electorate.

Messages In This Thread