We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Glen for MoFA - A new dawn

To follow up with my previous query, I have a number of other questions.

(02-04-2019, 06:47 PM)sandaoguo Wrote: ... Democracy ensures open debate and votes in which every voice is heard. That extends to how I believe the Cabinet should function. I’ve seen ministers want fiefdoms and I’ve seen Cabinets keep so many secrets to their own ultimate detriment. Our Cabinet must encourage debate and dissent, every minister must have a vote, and at the end of the day the will of the majority should hold.

The statement bolded in the above quote interests me. Are you saying that current Cabinet Ministers have operated in such a way?

(02-04-2019, 06:47 PM)sandaoguo Wrote: ... Additionally, this past term I have been in talks with our allies about cooperation in the World Assembly.

I assume this was at the behest of the Minister of Foreign Affairs?

(02-04-2019, 06:47 PM)sandaoguo Wrote: ... Right now, a group called the World Assembly Legislative League (WALL) dominates, and we have a real opportunity to chip at their influence. Antagonist regions like Europeia and Balder are signatories of WALL, which harms our interests in the World Assembly. If elected, I would work towards moving forward with cooperation and coordination, and hopefully create an organization that can equal or best WALL’s power.

I share Ryccia's interest in knowing what you feel about WALL given TNP's involvement in the intiative.

If anything, I don't believe it is conducive — to think of such matters as purely black and white. Given our ally's participation in WALL, we should aim not to reduce their influence with a direct challenge to their authority but rather, an expansion of our own through partnerships with regions who would otherwise play no part in the WA and yet whose influence would benefit our own.
[-] The following 2 users Like Amerion's post:
  • Poppy, Ryccia

Messages In This Thread
Glen for MoFA - A new dawn - by sandaoguo - 02-04-2019, 06:47 PM
RE: Glen for MoFA - A new dawn - by Amerion - 02-05-2019, 07:40 AM
RE: Glen for MoFA - A new dawn - by sandaoguo - 02-07-2019, 08:10 PM
RE: Glen for MoFA - A new dawn - by Ryccia - 02-06-2019, 06:29 PM
RE: Glen for MoFA - A new dawn - by Amerion - 02-07-2019, 02:19 AM
RE: Glen for MoFA - A new dawn - by Roavin - 02-07-2019, 05:34 AM
RE: Glen for MoFA - A new dawn - by Rebeltopia - 02-09-2019, 08:54 PM
Glen for MoFA - A new dawn - by sandaoguo - 02-10-2019, 10:28 AM
RE: Glen for MoFA - A new dawn - by Roavin - 02-12-2019, 10:52 AM