We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[DISCUSSION] RMB as a place for answering questions

(02-28-2019, 06:58 AM)Roavin Wrote: For the RMBers here, how much more inconvenient would it be for you if several classes of posts were relegated to certain dedicated RMBs (Knowhere, Psomewhere, etc.)? Which classes of posts do you think would/should move, and which wouldn't/shouldn't?

It seems like you're talking expressly about rp, or maybe that's just my rmb experience talking, since when topics like this are brought up it's always been directly or indirectly pointed at rp, honestly I can't even think of a 'class of post' other than rp that officials would want to move.

I think the rmb's problems with rp have been a matter of extremes. When rp was regulated to just knowhere and psomewhere it was basically the place rp went to die. When rp was let to run rampant it completely took the rmb by storm and annoyed many of the users who weren't happy with all the 'hug spam'. More recently LCs have tried to loosely control rp by regulating the number of posts of rp in a row before it should be moved, but this initiative is widely unenforced. Basically, restriction of rp to only specific places kills the rp, no restriction can kill the rmb, and somewhere in between is usually too vague a policy for anyone to actually follow it. I think the best solution would probably to go somewhere in between, allowing a little informal rp on the rmb but regulated extended informal rp and all formal rp to boards, but if a policy like this were to be adopted, all the LC would have to be on board, not just a few, and it would have to actually be enforced, but even a solution like this, as pipe dreamy as it is, isn't likely to completely solve the problem of rmb rp.
Nation: 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121
I'm more active gameside than here but either place I'd love to talk ^-^
[-] The following 3 users Like Poppy's post:
  • Amerion, Rebeltopia, Seraph

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DISCUSSION] RMB as a place for answering questions - by Poppy - 02-28-2019, 11:26 PM