We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[LIVE] Bzerneleg parliamentary elections, 2019

Live election coverage

Quote:
BBC MORNING NEWS
JUNE 21, 2019  07:00 (UTC-2); 10 hours from voting

WALTER: Good morning Bzerneleg — I am Walter Allen-Monroe, along with my co-host, Ms. Claire Frances Penham, and this is Berneagne Broadcasting Company's Morning News. Today is a special day for Bzerneleg, as the country is electing a new Parliament. All seats for the Chamber of Representatives and half for the Senate are up for election and tonight you are going to decide your representatives for the next 3 years and Senators for the next 5 years.

CLAIRE: It's a big day indeed, Walter. Today is the final day of the 2019 parliamentary election. Parties are today fighting for their spot in the Parliament. There has been a lot of anticipation that the Conservative Party will secure another victory in this election, however minor parties like the Progressives and Environment [Party] are seeking to prevent such outcome. 

WALTER: What we saw from the Progressive Party — it started off early in the election very strong and there was even a split second of hope that they would be able to replace the Liberal Party as the new opposition party. However, it is currently lagging in the polls. It is at 15% right now. Do you think that the number is below what we or the people inside the Progressive Party expected?

CLAIRE: I think it probably is — but let's remind ourselves how far the Progressives have come. Not only is its Chamber of Representatives representation going to get tripled in size, it is also well on track of gaining a seat in the Senate. In fact, can you please show the Parliament projections?

[-] The following 4 users Like Bzerneleg's post:
  • GI-Land, Jay Coop, Rebeltopia, surfer628

Messages In This Thread
RE: [LIVE] Bzerneleg parliamentary elections, 2019 - by Bzerneleg - 06-21-2019, 02:48 AM