We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Security Reform, Act Deux (Electric Boogaloo)

(12-13-2019, 04:04 PM)Belschaft Wrote: I remain fundamentally opposed to this on the simple basis that a security body should not be placed in charge of deciding who can and cannot be a member of the Assembly.

Splitting the existing CRS into an intelligence/security body and a regional defence force/militia is a perfectly sound idea, but it should be kept entirely separate from our democracy.

As I explained in the old thread, (1) it's not an impediment to democracy (2) we already have de facto this kind of thing (3) and as Amerion stated, this isn't about making the security body the arbiter of who gets to be and doesn't get to be in the assembly, but rather making the security-part of the application process part of the body that actually does it (and simplifying by having them do the other menial tasks as well). This was one of several motivations to have junior and senior CSI as well.

(12-13-2019, 04:17 PM)Ski Slopes of Agalaesia Wrote: Also, who would select DC members? Cabinet? LC? Delegate? Popularity Contest? Danceoff? Karaoke Contest?

It would be cabinet nomination + assembly approval, as for everything else. Though having thought a bit about what Tsu said, maybe there's something to be said about applications. I have some ideas but I'll have to think about them a bit more.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Security Reform, Act Deux (Electric Boogaloo) - by Roavin - 12-14-2019, 08:17 AM