We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Aggie For PM: Putin' TSP on Top.

[Image: aga-campaign.png?width=1009&height=677]

Fellow TSPers,

Hello Again. I'm Aggie, your regional Putin fan; your skiier; former MoRA; raspberry and Prime Minister candidate, who is Putin' TSP on Top.

This campaign will outline my plans to improve how the cabinet functions, and how it interacts with citizens, and how cabinet members and other government members interact too. 

If you do have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask here in this thread, on Discord or in Telegrams. 

Aggie Happywide

1: BETTER AMAs

The cabinet can listen to citizens quite well. However, it can also be a flying train wreck. That is the case in any cabinet, whether RL or NS. However, I believe that there are measures which can enable the cabinet to listen to citizens, and act upon suggestions, and answer questions.

I believe that part of the solution is to allow citizens from all areas of The South Pacific to challenge the cabinet, and it is for that reason that I propose that TSP hosts a continuous AMA (Ask me Anything) in a different format. Responses would probably come with the Town Hall, and the AMA would would also serve as a forum for citizens to submit questions and suggestions to the cabinet publicly or anonymously, and also serve as a forum for the cabinet to publicly respond to those queries. All citizens would have the opportunity to ask the cabinet questions. Ideally, the citizen's assembly would be continuous, and it would also be chaired by an independent official, who would submit questions and suggestions to the cabinet, and assist in the publication of responses. 

Note: This was originally called "The Citizen's Assembly". However, this is basically just an AMA. 

2: REPRESENTATION FOR ALL

I believe that the cabinet should listen to views from everyone in TSP, not just a select few. I believe that having a diverse lot of cabinet advisers can assist in broadening the cabinet's horizons, and help TSP become more democratic. 

To select cabinet advisers, I believe that the cabinet should approach people with experience in TSP, but also open applications and see who applies. Promise and talent can be found in people who have a fresh perspective. I also believe that a cabinet should have no more than three to four advisers, not including deputies. I also believe that all advisers should be confirmed by the assembly, and that this should be codified into the law.

3: WORKING WITH OTHER GOVERNMENT BODIES

It should be no secret that cabinet relations with other government institutions can be poor. This may not be of any fault of the cabinet on its own, however, a lack of communication is the issue.

To try and solve part of this issue, I believe that the branches of government (the cabinet; the Chair of the Assembly; the Local Council and the Delegate) should be encouraged to collaborate on a regular basis. This does happen to some degree, however, it doesn't happen as often as it should. To start solving the chronic lack of communication, I believe a Discord channel or some other forums for communication between these entities should be created. 

I also think that a Government code of conduct should be created, which outlines acceptable codes of conduct on Nation-States for all members of government. I have made ill-advised mistakes before during my term as MoRA which could have been easily averted if a government code of conduct would have existed. While I'm lingering on the subject of rules, there are many unwritten procedures that the cabinet performs (voting on bills, appointments etc.). These should be informally codified.

4: CONTINUING WORK FROM THE PREVIOUS TERM

Former Prime Minister Amerion started the Town Hall program, which allowed cabinet members to provide updates. This should be continued. Seraph also came up with an amazing idea that I cannot discuss in a public forum, but that should be looked into. I would also actively encourage cabinet ministers to have conversations with their predecessors about what the previous administration has achieved to ensure continuity. 

5: INVOLVING EVERYONE
I believe We should be keeping Game-side in the loop about what's going on, as well as actively encouraging them to take part in AMAs and ask questions. I also think that it is a minister's responsibility to let people know that they exist on all platforms, however, I will not interfere with how much ministers post on the RMB, besides requesting them to provide regular updates on the game-side platform. I would also seek to publish all cabinet communications (Town Hall etc.) available game-side as well as forum side.

Thank you to Somy for providing the graphics and the slogan for this campaign. It is much appreciated Happywide

Remember to Vote Agalaesia 2020. We're Putin' TSP on Top.

[Image: aga-campaign-putin.png?width=1442&height=538]
Aga/Eunopiar

Mostly does boring things.
[-] The following 7 users Like Aga's post:
  • Divine Owl, Imperial Frost Federation, Jay Coop, phoenixofthesun14, Seraph, Somyrion, Volaworand

Messages In This Thread
Aggie For PM: Putin' TSP on Top. - by Aga - 02-08-2020, 09:42 PM
RE: Aggie For PM: Putin' TSP on Top. - by Aga - 02-08-2020, 09:44 PM
RE: Aggie For PM: Putin' TSP on Top. - by Omega - 02-09-2020, 09:53 AM
RE: Aggie For PM: Putin' TSP on Top. - by Amerion - 02-09-2020, 12:10 PM
RE: Aggie For PM: Putin' TSP on Top. - by Aga - 02-09-2020, 01:38 PM
RE: Aggie For PM: Putin' TSP on Top. - by Aga - 02-09-2020, 03:12 PM
RE: Aggie For PM: Putin' TSP on Top. - by Amerion - 02-09-2020, 11:22 PM
RE: Aggie For PM: Putin' TSP on Top. - by Aga - 02-10-2020, 05:57 PM
RE: Aggie For PM: Putin' TSP on Top. - by Aga - 02-10-2020, 08:18 PM
RE: Aggie For PM: Putin' TSP on Top. - by Aga - 02-12-2020, 05:42 PM