We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Aggie For PM: Putin' TSP on Top.

Thanks for the considered responses, Aga Smile

Quote:Point One: I named it a "Citizen's Assembly," due to either too much or a lack of creativity. Basically, this would be a continuous and competent AMA, in which people can ask questions anonymously, and expect a response. We don't have a robust system of AMAs in which citizens can ask questions on any platform, and cabinet members have to officially respond, and be held to account for those responses. We always just seemed to have an informal system for doing this. I have renamed the section for clarity, as the "Citizen's Assembly" gives it the connotations of being political.

I think an independent overseer should submit the questions for review because if it is submitted to the Prime Minister, it is not anonymous. A cabinet member will know who submitted the question. Submitting questions anonymously means that the cabinet can answer without bias.

As Belschaft has noted above, there will be some degree of overlap between this 'assembly' and our actual Assembly. Given that it is the Assembly which elects the Cabinet and who ultimately holds its members to account, it may perhaps be more logical if not efficient if the Chair were to create a thread for this purpose and act as the independent official.

Quote:Point Three: This new channel would serve as a method to make communication between all government branches more efficient. The problem with the channel that you mention is that it should be used for a different purpose; there are citizens in that channel; and there is no official channel for communication between these entities. A new channel would make RA requesting Somy to put something in his monthly regional TG easier, for example, or integration communicating with the CoA simpler. It is these small things that really can make a difference, and allow the government bodies to collaborate easily.

I apologise for talking the nitty-gritty of your proposals but on this particular point, I do still believe it would be redundant to add a new channel when the existing one could very well be repurposed for this very task; it would be a rather simple change in the channel description. With regards to the membership, I don't believe there are citizens in the channel, unless you are counting the LC members as citizens?
[-] The following 2 users Like Amerion's post:
  • Aga, phoenixofthesun14

Messages In This Thread
Aggie For PM: Putin' TSP on Top. - by Aga - 02-08-2020, 09:42 PM
RE: Aggie For PM: Putin' TSP on Top. - by Aga - 02-08-2020, 09:44 PM
RE: Aggie For PM: Putin' TSP on Top. - by Omega - 02-09-2020, 09:53 AM
RE: Aggie For PM: Putin' TSP on Top. - by Amerion - 02-09-2020, 12:10 PM
RE: Aggie For PM: Putin' TSP on Top. - by Aga - 02-09-2020, 01:38 PM
RE: Aggie For PM: Putin' TSP on Top. - by Aga - 02-09-2020, 03:12 PM
RE: Aggie For PM: Putin' TSP on Top. - by Amerion - 02-09-2020, 11:22 PM
RE: Aggie For PM: Putin' TSP on Top. - by Aga - 02-10-2020, 05:57 PM
RE: Aggie For PM: Putin' TSP on Top. - by Aga - 02-10-2020, 08:18 PM