We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

A Memory of Starlight [IC]

So, who are you, may I ask? What is this place, is this where I can find the Primoverano Temple ruins, and who are these ancients you speak of, anyways? Ember Rose's mind was buzzing with questions for the human that essentially carried her to their home and gave her a large, steaming bowl of soup. Ember Rose sipped the flavorful broth, her talons secured on the chair's rings, and her hands awkwardly trying to use the human-sized spoon to eat.

I am but I am not. You have ended up in a town called Nefunuku. You are from far away, no?  Young, too. A runaway.

Uh, yes, I'm from far away. I did run away, I guess.

Running away because you felt restrained. You were ostracized, no one in Eldur Ljos liked you. You have no real control of yourself, and you have ended up here purely by accident. And, you're looking for something that is not here, but in faraway lands. If I am not mistaken, you were responsible for the distant city of Estaiña burning to the ground.

That was an accident. I was attacked, I tried to not let things get out of hand...

I know. The mysterious human stood up, with a grin on their face. Do you wonder who I am?  Why I know the things I do?  

Ember Rose nodded, taking another sip from the spoon.

Your feet- er, talons... have walked many, many steps.  Across various terrains.  They tell stories, that would otherwise be lost in the wind.

Who are you, anyways?

Oh, how rude of me not to introduce myself. You may call me Nalowale 'ike. I will show you to the guest room now, someone is awaiting your arrival tomorrow, and rest for the journey is important.

Nalowale 'ike lifted the small humanoid avian from where she was perched, gently carrying her to a large room, where there was only a large bed tended with green blankets. Nalowale 'ike set Ember Rose on the bed, then turned around to exit the room. Ember Rose couldn't help but to fall asleep immediately.

After what seemed like too soon later, the mysterious host entered the room again, gently poking Ember Rose's shoulder. Nalowale 'ike proceeded to lift Ember Rose off the bed. Before she knew it, Nalowale 'ike had placed a bunch of berries and bread crumbs in Ember Rose's bag, then quickly retreated inside again, holding the door ever-so-slightly ajar.

Sorry I can't accompany you up the hill, I do not do well in the sunlight.  But the one up there shall know who you are, and satiate your hunger.

With that, Nalowale 'ike shut the door. All Ember Rose could do now was follow the trail, hoping that whoever she was to encounter next would know about the ruined Primoverano temple she was looking for... once she's had a chance to wake up.
[-] The following 2 users Like phoenixofthesun14's post:
  • rosaferri, Seraph

Messages In This Thread
A Memory of Starlight [IC] - by Seraph - 04-24-2020, 03:23 PM
RE: A Memory of Starlight [IC] - by Nakari - 04-25-2020, 11:56 AM
RE: A Memory of Starlight [IC] - by rosaferri - 04-26-2020, 01:04 AM
RE: A Memory of Starlight [IC] - by Seraph - 04-26-2020, 10:51 AM
RE: A Memory of Starlight [IC] - by Nakari - 04-27-2020, 01:30 PM
RE: A Memory of Starlight [IC] - by rosaferri - 04-27-2020, 01:50 PM
RE: A Memory of Starlight [IC] - by Seraph - 04-28-2020, 07:35 AM
RE: A Memory of Starlight [IC] - by phoenixofthesun14 - 04-28-2020, 03:12 PM
RE: A Memory of Starlight [IC] - by Seraph - 04-30-2020, 10:18 AM