We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

A Memory of Starlight [IC]

Before Ęeel went into the mine, it summoned a bright white flare, followed by a red one, and shot them into the night sky. Ęeel and Mokli proceeded into the entrance of the mine. It was dark, and had probably been abandoned for a very long time.

I can't see anything, Mokli said while almost tripping over a small rock. Ęeel began to give off a white glow, which brightened over time.

As the two proceeded deeper into the mine, the air became more and more foul, as if the mine itself led to the very source of evil - strengthening its grip over all living things over time, slowly consuming them into the dark abyss which was the mine.

The long entrance was succeeded by a large room with multiple tunnel-like 'exits' attached to it. The room itself was littered with relatively small skeletons, although, surprisingly, none of them had signs of slash marks, or arrows in them. Some skeletons were smashed violently against walls, others simply sat on what could only be stone benches. Almost all of them had scorch marks on them.  There was another thing that betrayed the elusive truth of what happened in this fight - a small, broken necklace with very curious stones in it. The necklace was somehow split in half, and the middle stone was missing; nowhere to be found.

Most of the tunnels were as big as the mine entrance. One of the tunnels was barricaded, but has been violently broken through. It almost seemed as if the foulness was coming from that single, dark place.

Ęeel went to the centre of the room, and stood still. After a short while, the carcasses of the fallen dwarves came back from the dead. Mokli noticed the undead dwarves were giving off a faint, red light.

The revived dwarves gathered around Ęeel, and followed it as the duo descended into the dark reaches of the unwelcoming tunnel. 

Tunnel, after summoning, after tunnel - hours later, they finally arrived at the mine itself. The mine was a giant cavity with magma pouring down from dwarf-made irrigation systems, feeding the dwarves' machines, ripening the ore for harvest.

Mokli scanned for potential treasure rooms, but even he couldn't see anything. 

Ęeel walked up to a magma river, and seemingly walked over it, as if it was walking on a slightly curved bridge. Someone has cast a spell of invisibility on this bridge. We're close. Very close.

The undead dwarves seemed to have no problem with walking up the invisible bridge, which allowed for Mokli to gather enough courage to make an attempt at crossing the deadly stream of molten rock as well.

On the other side of the river, there was only a gigantic rock wall, stretching across most of the northern side of the mine. Ęeel stood still again, this time for almost three minutes until a huge, stone gate appeared in the wall. It was decorated with all sorts of things, and had beautiful markings on it. There was a large black spot on the left side of the gate.

At least thirty undead dwarves moved in to open the gate. As it opened, a blinding red light started to appear, growing ever so bright while the opening widened.

Ęeel felt something was off. It sensed a powerful presence on the other side of the gigantic door. 

DUCK! as soon as Ęeel said that, the dwarves started forming a wall of shields, while Mokli ran for his life, not knowing what was going on. 

The light brightened substantially. Mokli, now standing against the other side of the gate, soon felt his feet getting warmer by the second. He soon realized this wasn't light at all, but some hot substance.

Ęeel was now standing 5 metres behind the make-shift wall of skeletal dwarves' shields. What could only be described as a black bubble began to surround Ęeel. The moment it covered the entire protective wall, flames started to erupt out of every opening they could fit through. 

Mokli saw fire coming from the ground, and instinctively jumped. He then immediately tried to grab onto something, but his hands could only find the door. Mokli's brain was trying to understand everything that happened in the past ten seconds, but could only think about food, along with the deadly flame-ridden floor.

The dwarf wall started to part, revealing a layer of fire surrounding Ęeel's protective bubble. Ęeel ran up to the source of the fire stream, followed by its undead dwarven legion. Ęeel's bubble popped, and Ęeel grabbed the seemingly unending stream of flames, compressing it into an orb of flowing plasma.

Mokli had reached Ęeel's position as well, and could now clearly see what was spawning in all those flames; a bright red Zvaomi, which was slightly longer than Ęeel.

Suddenly, all the undead dwarves started swarming the hostile Zvaomi. Soon after, a gigantic wall of fire engulved most of them, before eventually turning into mostly harmless smoke.

Ęeel fired the plasma orb it had been feeding at the pyromancer, which was caught off-guard, and barely had enough energy to nullify the destructive power of the projectile hurtling towards its fragile body.

Ęeel noticed the enemy couldn't fight back anymore, and launched a stream of blackness at its light red counterpart.

It's holding something, Ęeel noticed as the soon-to-be-corpse was blasted onto a wall.

Upon closer inspection, the Zvaomi seemed to be holding the missing stone, belonging in the necklace Ęeel had been carrying around.

The group searched the room for valuables and artefacts. Ęeel lead the group to a hidden exit, which was followed up by a very long staircase, hopefully leading to the surface.

The stairs led up to a floor containing nothing but two doors, one of which had nothing worth noting, while the doorframe of the other was covered in feathers. 

Let's get a move on, Ęeel said while heading for the normal door. 

The door opened, and the group was greeted by more stairs. The exhausted Mokli cursed, and everyone headed up the stairs.

Ęeel opened a hidden door at the end of the stairs. Bright daylight shone in everyone's faces, and the allied Zvaomi stopped producing light. 

Finally, a relieved Mokli thought, no more stairs.
[-] The following 2 users Like TheBig0tt0's post:
  • phoenixofthesun14, Seraph

Messages In This Thread
A Memory of Starlight [IC] - by Seraph - 04-24-2020, 03:23 PM
RE: A Memory of Starlight [IC] - by Nakari - 04-25-2020, 11:56 AM
RE: A Memory of Starlight [IC] - by rosaferri - 04-26-2020, 01:04 AM
RE: A Memory of Starlight [IC] - by Seraph - 04-26-2020, 10:51 AM
RE: A Memory of Starlight [IC] - by Nakari - 04-27-2020, 01:30 PM
RE: A Memory of Starlight [IC] - by rosaferri - 04-27-2020, 01:50 PM
RE: A Memory of Starlight [IC] - by Seraph - 04-28-2020, 07:35 AM
RE: A Memory of Starlight [IC] - by Seraph - 04-30-2020, 10:18 AM
RE: A Memory of Starlight [IC] - by Nakari - 04-30-2020, 01:26 PM