We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[DRAFT] Amendment to the Legislative Procedure Act (withdrawing bills)

(06-13-2020, 03:48 PM)Jebediah Wrote: What if this objection is raised truly at the last second? I think that there should be an extra sentence going something along the lines of "If the vote ends within the 24 hour period after the motion is made and seconded, the vote cannot pass until the aforementioned 24 hours have passed"

Under standard parliamentary procedure, legislation is not passed until the Chair declares it so. So, a prohibition on the chair declaring legislation passed until ruling on the motion would make sense. 

I also will note that also in standard parliamentary procedure, once a piece of legislation is put up for a vote, it is no longer the authors to do with as they please.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DRAFT] Amendment to the Legislative Procedure Act (withdrawing bills) - by Omega - 06-13-2020, 03:53 PM