We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[DISCUSSION] A New Unified Discord Server

I’ll have more to say in a bit, but for now:

Yes.

Both your point about ensuring consistency across roles and Islands’s point about ease of participation are especially important to me.

Clutter is absolutely not a concern. At risk of getting another “but we don’t have to compare ourselves to any other regions!!!1!” post— our main Discord is way underutilizes compared to most large regions’ servers. Plus, to be honest, most of the added channels from a server merge would be hidden behind permissions structures. A server with a ton of channels only a few of which are accessible with each specific role is not a cluttered server.

(06-28-2020, 06:13 PM)Pencil Sharpeners Wrote: Maybe we could have fewer servers, but having been MoRA, I wouldn't have wanted all that stuff in the main server. I could see this being a complete mess of roles, with stuff not being updated when people change positions or leave. I feel like it's easier to see who's doing what with separate Ministry servers.

Having split servers already means roles and things aren’t updated when people change positions or leave. As Roavin mentioned, we have people masked as legislators in some servers who are not actually legislators anymore. Having many servers means even more role mess, because instead of having just one Citizen mask, there are eight different Citizen masks.

My one concern is ensuring that Ministers don’t lose any of the control they have right now. I’m quite optimistic that we can make that work with the use of bots and category-based permissions, so I’m still strongly in favour of merging. I just don’t want to get into the mode of deciding for ministers what they really need and what they don’t while we’re combining servers. We should be making it as easy as possible for ministers to choose what they want and need, as opposed to saying “now that we’re remaking ministry channels, let’s limit you down to three channels because that’s all you need”.
[Image: AfI6yZX.png]
Aumeltopia ~

[Image: fKnK6O4.png]
Auphelia Wrote:Raccoons are bandits! First they steal your food . . .
and then your heart/identity!
[-] The following 2 users Like Somyrion's post:
  • Roavin, Seraph

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DISCUSSION] A New Unified Discord Server - by Somyrion - 06-28-2020, 07:06 PM