We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Renegotiating the Galapagos Accords with the East Pacific

Hello there, the Magisterium of the East Pacific has asked to renegotiate part of the Galapagos Accords. AMOM, the Magisterium's provost, stated of Article V, Section 2 of the treaty, "This rendered the treaty functionally useless, in my opinion, as treaties tend to be tested during times of need and 30 days is just long enough to complete [one’s] coup d'état."

As such, they've requested to strike that clause from the treaty, which I bring before the Assembly for consideration. This is also an opportunity to discuss or consider what else to change or introduce in the Galapagos Accords.

Quote:
The Galapagos Accords

Article V. Resolution for Disputes, Suspension, and Termination

Section 2. Either signatory may unilaterally suspend the terms of the treaty for at most thirty days. During the suspension, every effort should be made to come to a mutually acceptable solution to the cause of suspension.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jay Coop's post:
  • phoenixofthesun14

Messages In This Thread
Renegotiating the Galapagos Accords with the East Pacific - by Jay Coop - 09-20-2020, 07:02 PM