We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

The Prince's Tour

"Hired to protect me? Blast it, that accursed ambassador...!"

"I am grateful for your assistance, Mr. De Jaager. I shall be going now"

The Prince-Imperial was furious. He really thought that he covered his tracks, but the royal family's security was always a step ahead....damn it all!

Upon arriving at his hotel room, the Prince-Imperial started to bark orders at his servant in French. He wanted to reprimand the ambassador for spying on him.

"Call the ambassador, now"

"Yes, m'lord"

A hologram of the ambassador appeared in the room. The ambassador, Palatina Koxrayin, feigned surprise, but she knew what was coming.

"Ah, Your Imperial Highness! What is the reason for such an honour-"

"Shut it, Lady Koxrayin, I am here to speak to you regarding a matter of urgency"

"What would this be, Your Imperial Highness?"

"Who ordered you to spy on my person?"

"....So he has revealed himself to you. Blast that thief..."

"You are certainly well-informed of my whereabouts. If we were in the Empire, I could sue you for invasion of privacy"

"But we are not in the Empire. This is also a matter of national security. You are second in line for the succession of the Imperial throne. How can the royal family and the state leave you unguarded?"

"You must be joking. The throne is a ceremonial prop. Everyone knows this fact to be as true as the light of day"

"Whether you are a prop or not is none of my concern. The royal family ordered this, and their actions were sanctioned by the Imperial government. Perhaps you can raise the issue to your brother, the Emperor himself? Or maybe you could annoy the Chancellor for me instead of whining to my person when I have more pertinent tasks to attend to? Your Imperial Highness, you are a public figure and a member of the Imperial royalty, whether you wish it or not. You must be afforded security by the state"

"Damn it all...I have my royal guards. Remove your Stoinian spy, posthaste"

"I shall take my leave now, Your Imperial Highness. Your request is noted"

"Such an unwanted intrusion on my affairs! How dare they disturb me when I wish peace and solitude?!"

"Esquire, utilize the Sheorchien mix of bath oils. I wish to relax"

"My apologies, m'lord, I do not believe we have packed the Falurien bath oil necessary for this mixture"

"By the stars, what do I compensate you for?!...Fine, a Chorlen mixture. I wish no delay"

"Yes, m'lord"

"With luck I have had the misfortune to have today, tomorrow's shopping trip shall not go favourably...I hope my luck turns around"

Sinaia, Stoinian Star Kingdom
Ryccian Embassy

"You, informant. Keep following him and disguise yourself, for he is now aware of your identity. We shall increase your pay by a third for your trouble"

Sinaia, Stoinian Star Kingdom
An Artisan Market

Charles had brought a large amount of money for this shopping spree. Coming from the Ryccian Empire, where industry was automated, artisans had mostly been phased out due to competition. Ryccian factories were able to produce artifacts that would rival the artisans of old in beauty due to their machines having memorized traditional arts and crafts. As a result, the tiny few remaining artisans left in the Empire specialized in the most obscure and complex arts and were constantly challenged by the automated industry to produce even more exquisite and luxurious designs. They had high production costs, and due to this their clientele was wealthy, as they were the only ones who could afford them.

He was surprised, however, when he saw a diverse group of customers. They appeared to be lower to middle-class. This was surprising, and the items appeared to be of lower quality and cheaper. Of course, for the Stoinians, this was high-grade material, but in the Ryccian Empire these objects, albeit beautiful in their own right, would be manufactured middle-class products at most. Some items were truly exquisite however, and even the high-class Prince-Imperial could not deny that. However, he was inclined to purchase even those items that he did not see as high-grade due to the fact that many of these designs were alien to him.

Speaking in French, the Prince-Imperial ordered his servant to carry his bags as he perused the market to purchase something that would catch his eye. He was spending like mad for the middle-class, and thus his poor servant was burdened with shopping bags. For the resilient Stoinian people, this was a disgrace to see, but the Prince-Imperial thought of it as normal. Besides, he reasoned, they haven't a clue of who he was, so even if he was stared at by the crowd, he could not care less, as this was how a Ryccian aristocrat shopped.

The items on sale were cheaper than he expected, and thus he bought more than he anticipated. It was clear that his servant was overburdened with bags upon bags upon bags upon bags...by the stars, how could he purchase more if his servant could not carry more? Ah, perhaps they shall?

"You, royal guard, assist the Esquire in carrying my recently-purchased items"

"But, m'lord, that is not my purview, and I must be able to protect you at all costs"

"I am not finished shopping. I shall give you a bonus if you cease your complaints. Just get on with it"

"Sigh...very well, m'lord"

A highly-trained royal guard, a proud warrior trained for years upon years to fight and protect in His Majesty's name with honour...relegated to an errand boy. Oh boy.

For those who understood French, they were confused. A royal guard? He does not appear to be royalty, for it is clear that this shopaholic does not resemble anyone vaguely associated with the royal family. Moreover, a royal would be more austere, not a pompous spender that sees carrying his own property as beneath him. No, this cannot be a member of the royal family...something else is afoot.

An artisan who understood French was perplexed and dared ask this avid spender if he was royalty. Surely he could not be such a thing?

"If I may, who are you? Are you a royal?"

Ti-Tigonese?! The commoners speak that here?! What in the stars could be going on?!

"Umm...well, I do not have to disclose my identity to you, now must I?"

"I'm just curious since you referred to your fellow over there as a 'royal guard'. That was strange"

"Uh...oh, yes! That was merely in jest! He always appears to be stern in looks and temperament, and thus I threw a sarcastic jibe at his way. Ha ha! No, this is merely one of my bodyguards. Now, may I peruse your stall in peace?"

"Well, okay, I guess..."
"Such a weird guy. As long as he buys something, that's fine, I guess"

That was close. Too close for comfort. He had to be more cautious next time. He was not aware that these commoners could understand Tigonese, let alone speak it. This country remains such an enigma...
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

Messages In This Thread
The Prince's Tour - by Ryccia - 06-06-2020, 09:19 PM
RE: The Prince's Tour - by Ryccia - 06-07-2020, 02:43 PM
RE: The Prince's Tour - by Maverick - 06-08-2020, 11:18 AM
RE: The Prince's Tour - by Ryccia - 12-01-2020, 06:46 PM
RE: The Prince's Tour - by Maverick - 12-01-2020, 08:23 PM
RE: The Prince's Tour - by Ryccia - 12-01-2020, 08:39 PM
RE: The Prince's Tour - by Maverick - 12-01-2020, 09:19 PM
RE: The Prince's Tour - by Ryccia - 12-02-2020, 06:24 PM
RE: The Prince's Tour - by Ryccia - 06-11-2021, 12:11 PM
RE: The Prince's Tour - by Ryccia - 08-22-2021, 07:09 PM