We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Vote Jay — Peace in the South

(01-02-2021, 01:09 PM)Comfed Wrote: As a TNP Citizen I am now legally required to vote against you Tounge
Furthermore, please report to the TNP Security Council offices immediately so you can be interrogated.

Ruh-roh.

(01-02-2021, 01:09 PM)Comfed Wrote: More seriously, I do agree with many of the points on your campaign. I do note that you are against our current gameside institutions, which I'm not sure about for electing a largely gameside position, but you are definitely a trustworthy candidate who won't harm the region and will respect the existing institutions even though you don't agree with them. I would like to know, how will you convince gameside people that you will respect their institutions? (Mostly referring to the LC here)

I first joined the South Pacific in 2014, a day and age when the region was capital-I independent, the Ministry of Regional Affairs existed, and the Local Council had not yet been born. Even then, the region still functioned, and I have spent years watching this region evolve into what it is today. Even though I do not agree with the Local Council's existence, at no point did I ever believe that I should disregard their border control requests or the rules they set for the RMB. In fact, there have been times when I have carried out border control actions pursuant to Local Council decisions or suppressed posts in violation of the RMB Rules.

If elected, I will continue to do these things because it is the law. It would be a dereliction of my duty and disruptive to the peace of the South Pacific to let my personal views of an institution overrule what exists in law. If I wanted to do such things, I would join an autocratic region and do it there, but the South Pacific is a democracy that respects the rule of law and I am a democrat who respects the rule of law. It is for this reason that I and so many other people call the South Pacific their home. If we did not believe in these things, we would be in the company of the only GCR that has proscribed the South Pacific.

(01-02-2021, 01:09 PM)Comfed Wrote: This is a common TNP election question: if you were to coup TSP, how would you go about doing so?

As a TNP citizen myself and an FA wonk, I am quite familiar with this quyestion. I can affirmatively state that I will not coup the region. I have no desire to rule over the region as an unelected tyrant of the South Pacific, but if I did have such a desire, I wouldn't do it so overtly and try to come up with some nonsensical justification or commit a coup for the lulz. I would do it quietly and deceive the Assembly into giving me more power until we reach the point of no return that any attempt to reverse these changes is futile. Welp, I just gave away my strategy and, now, it's useless. Oh well, back to the drawing board.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History

Messages In This Thread
Vote Jay — Peace in the South - by Jay Coop - 01-01-2021, 04:33 PM
RE: Vote Jay — Peace in the South - by Somyrion - 01-01-2021, 07:44 PM
RE: Vote Jay — Peace in the South - by Jay Coop - 01-01-2021, 07:51 PM
RE: Vote Jay — Peace in the South - by Comfed - 01-02-2021, 01:09 PM
RE: Vote Jay — Peace in the South - by Jay Coop - 01-02-2021, 05:44 PM
RE: Vote Jay — Peace in the South - by Comfed - 01-03-2021, 11:50 AM
RE: Vote Jay — Peace in the South - by Amerion - 01-03-2021, 09:26 PM
RE: Vote Jay — Peace in the South - by Jay Coop - 01-03-2021, 09:47 PM
RE: Vote Jay — Peace in the South - by Jay Coop - 01-11-2021, 07:25 PM