We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

January 2021 Speaker of the Assembly Election

The nomination phase is over, that means the voting phase is going to start now. You have until 19th January 2020 (UTC 16:00)

1) Four nations, the Frost Empire, GI-Land, Huawan and Ikoania have accepted their nomination for the speakership. Member nations are each entitled to one vote. An option to reopen nominations shall be given. Voting is done with a ranking system, you must rank the following choices:
  • Frost Empire
  • GI-Land
  • Huawan
  • Ikoania
  • Reopen the nominations
The option receiving a majority according to the instant runoff-voting process in accordance to Res. 1, Sec. B will be recognized as the new Speaker of the Assembly. They will assume office from the moment the voting is over and the official results are proclaimed.

2) The committees each need an officer (OOC: We will follow the same rules applied by GI-Land in the previous elections, skipping the nomination process and going straight to the voting, with the presumption that all members of the committee accept their nomination)

You can only rank officers for committees of which you are part of. The same instant runoff-voting process as for the speakership will be used to proclaim the officers.

Committee for Climate and Environment (CLE):
Anserisa, Beepee, FiHami, Frost Empire, GI-Land, Holy Free, Huawan, Izaakia, North Prarie, Resentine, Ryccia, Sedunn, Termina

Committee for Economy (ECO):
Anserisa, Frost Empire, GI-Land, Huawan, Ikoania, Izaakia, Kosbareland, Mauquibie, Ryccia, Sedunn, Snolland, Termina, Valkyria

Committee for Health (HEA):
Frost Empire, Huawan, Izaakia, Kosbareland, Ryccia, Sedunn, Snolland, Termina

Committee for International Law (INL):
Frost Empire, GI-Land, Huawan, Ikoania, Izaakia, Mauquibie, North Prarie, Ryccia, Sedunn, Snolland, Termina

Committee for Science and Education (SCE):
Anserisa, Frost Empire, GI-Land, Holy Free, Huawan, Izaakia, Kosbareland, Mauquibie, Ryccia, Sedunn, Termina

3) The Assembly needs to approve (or disapprove) the judges suggested for the International Court by the WF-members. You can approve all of them, none of them or some of them. The latter you do by naming the countries, whose judges you approve of.

4) If you haven't already decided for or against participating in IACO yet, you can still decide on that until the end of the election.
5) Same goes for the Treaty on the prohibition of nuclear weapons.

To make the voting counting easier please use the following format to cast your vote.

Code:
[b]Vote for the Speaker of the Assembly[/b]
[i]Please rank Frost Empire, GI-Land, Huawan, Ikoania and RON[/i]

[b]Vote for the Officers[/b]

CLE:

ECO:

HEA:

INL:

SCE:

[b]Vote for the judges of the IC:[/b]
[i]Following nations have presented a judge to the Assembly: Ikoania, Izaakia and Snolland[/i]

[  ] I approve all of them
[  ] I approve none of them
[  ] I approve the following judges: [INSERT NAMES OF THE NATIONS WHOSE JUDGES YOU APPROVE OF]

[b]IACO[/b]
[i]Only if you have not expressed your standpoint on IACO yet.[/i]

[  ] I will participate in IACO
[  ] I will not participate in IACO

[b]PNA and Treaty on the prohibition of nuclear weapons[/b]
[i]Only if you have not expressed your standpoint on the matter yet.[/i]

[  ] I will sign and ratify the Treaty on the prohibition of nuclear weapons and participate in the PNA
[  ] I will not sign and ratify the Treaty on the prohibition of nuclear weapons and participate in the PNA
[-] The following 1 user Likes Klô's post:
  • Qwert

Messages In This Thread
RE: January 2021 Speaker of the Assembly Election - by Klô - 01-12-2021, 11:53 AM