We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[Discussion] Future map claiming and updating

GI mentioned this in Discord, and supposedly this was a rule before I even joined, but I would like to reiterate it and provide my take as well. I believe that it would be beneficial to further limit the amount of plots claimed by newer members. Considering that a small portion of members look to claim the maximum amount of plots (3), and subsequently become inactive, I believe this would free up space gradually as those players' claims decay. More established players should be granted the opportunity to claim additional plots through either contribution or time.

As mentioned above, I believe that this would likely free up and increase the number of plots available in a few months and help newer members find their ideal place on the map easier. Though I am satisfied with my own location, Shang Ye as a nation was not situated in an optimal location. New members that share the same sentiment as I did will have an easier time with starting out.

I am not necessarily for or against the addition of new regions or continents, but I do acknowledge the work it takes to add them. Therefore, I would abstain from any talk on this matter until the fine map folks chime in. I don't think this would solve the issue with a near-full map, however, as an increasing amount of plots would likely be filled up in the same manner in the future.
Hi. I'm Scar, and I live in an apartment. I'm the owner of Apartment 11F on NationStates. In TSP-RP, I'm usually seen as Chen "Scar" Xu, an apartment owner who declared sovereignty, Chen "Scar" Xu, an apartment owner and runaway son of two successful galactic businesspeople, or Chen "Scar" Xu, an apartment owner with unknown dimensional capabilities.

Either way, there is a person who calls himself Scar in every universe, and he always lives in an apartment.
[-] The following 3 users Like Scar's post:
  • GI-Land, Illaois, Langburn

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Discussion] Future map claiming and updating - by Scar - 02-21-2021, 04:28 PM