We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Revisions to the Transition Process of the Delegacy

(03-15-2021, 06:55 AM)Witchcraft and Sorcery Wrote: As for the discussion at large, i don't know that i am 100% behind a six-month delegate-elect transition, but I think something like Penguin said is certainly reasonable and prudent. I can see the reasoning for it, but six months preparation followed six months in the delegacy is a long time to ask anyone to commit to consistent activity on this game. You're asking candidates to look 6-12 months into the future and tell us in no uncertain terms that things will be the same then as they are now. I just don't see how that is a reasonable ask even for a delegate candidate.

I agree with this. I understand the convenience, it's just simply not reasonable to expect someone to know they're going to be consistently available for the next calendar year. At the same time, could it make sense to start Delegate elections 1-2 months before the start of the legal "term"? Feels like a healthy middle ground. Also helps with incumbent Delegates deciding if they want to run for re-election.
[-] The following 3 users Like HumanSanity's post:
  • Moon, Seraph, Witchcraft and Sorcery

Messages In This Thread
RE: Revisions to the Transition Process of the Delegacy - by HumanSanity - 03-18-2021, 02:29 PM