We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[DISCUSSION] Legislator applications

I believe the current system is working as intended.  
I applied to be a Legislator within a day or so of joining the TSP, as it was listed as a way to get involved in TSP.  (It's listed on one of the intro telegrams or greetings.)
Not having any idea what was involved in TSP operation, I assumed applying for Legislator here was similar to becoming a citizen in another realm.  
At any rate, after two or three weeks of not hearing back, I stopped worrying about it and now spend my time on Discord or the RMB.  I stay active in TSP-- after all I just won some SWAN awards, such as Cygnet and a few others for endorsing 1,000+ people-- and I roam around the game forums such as the Security Council.  Even ran for LC to see what that was about.  And I write back to some of the people who telegram me, as you do.  And I've been in voice chat a few times.  But as for these xyz forums.... I don't pay them any mind. 
I think they actually made me a legislator eventually, but it was well past the window of opportunity of my initial surge of enthusiasm, and as there's nothing here to engage my interest now that I'm indifferent, I may vote once or twice a month to keep up my membership against the day when I find actual time for caring about whatever goes on in the XYZ forums, but I'll probably just let it lapse within a month or two.  I understand some of the people here are worried about 'bad actors' and 'security concerns,' but I just see lots of roleplay fluff on these forums; nothing that Max Barry or his in-game moderators would know or care about, so I don't see what people are so afraid of.  
At any rate, there are new members of the welcoming committee, and there are I'm sure new legislators coming in every day, so I believe it's all working as intended.  
Good day.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DISCUSSION] Legislator applications - by Aglet Green - 04-14-2021, 05:15 AM