We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Removing Restriction on Offices Held in Other Regions

I'm a bit conflicted on this if I'm being honest. My personal belief is that the current language works as fine as it is, although I guess we can rework it expand on that "equivalent offices" part.

On the topic of HS's proposed amendment, are we really going to restrict individuals to one region, potentially against their wishes? The amendment proposed seems to do exactly that and I'm not exactly comfortable about it. If an individual decides to dedicate themselves in two or more regions and shows a clear ability to juggle their conflicts of interests effectively, then why should we bar them from running for an office? Some of our greatest Ministers were involved in other regions as well and they have significantly contributed to the betterment of TSP. Why shouldn't new, eager players shouldn't be given the same chance as well?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Moon's post:
  • Damination

Messages In This Thread
RE: Removing Restriction on Offices Held in Other Regions - by Moon - 05-18-2021, 02:58 AM