We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Removing Restriction on Offices Held in Other Regions

(05-17-2021, 04:39 PM)Belschaft Wrote: There’s obviously a third option, which is to maintain the current language which clearly prohibits someone from being TSP Minister of Foreign Affairs and TNP Minister of Foreign Affairs whilst possibly prohibiting someone from being TSP Minister of Foreign Affairs and TNP Delegate.

Vagueness is not always a vice when it comes to the law.

I think at the very least the current law should be extended to a definitive prohibition on simultaneously holding a cabinet office and a non-figurehead head of state/government position in another region. Especially in regions without elected cabinets where all cabinet authority is derived from the Head of Government like TNP. Frankly I think that cabinet officials should also be required to commit their WA to either the region proper or the SPSF as well, but I expect there would be resistance to that idea.
Benevolent Thomas-Today at 11:15 AM
"I'm not sure if Altmoras has ever been wrong about anything."
[-] The following 2 users Like Altmoras's post:
  • HumanSanity, Moon

Messages In This Thread
RE: Removing Restriction on Offices Held in Other Regions - by Altmoras - 05-19-2021, 08:31 PM