We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Charter Amendment - Executive WA Requirement

I don't agree. As I have outlined before in the thread this popped up in. It makes no difference if someone is or isn't except positions that require WA due to their nature (Delegate, LC, CG, etc). I don't believe it would make anyone more loyal prove they are more loyal or work hard. If one exception was to be made I'd say Prime Minister but even then, I say no.

I would never run for cabinet on principle with this, ever (Even if I was the second coming of TSP Christ to lead us to a Golden Era). If you implement this, you might as well make it apply for Legislatorship as well and for the SPSF when they are not deployed. Go big or go home.

I do not like being limited. Such as, as long as I am not crossing TSP's bottom line (such as acting against it or working with TBH).

This would be telling me that I cannot now help TSP by being say Minister of Culture because I am also helping Phoenix grow a region that has nothing to do with R/D and isn't Gameplay centric.

Why should I bother to put any effort into TSP when it would limit me? Should I give respect if I am not given any?

My thoughts are, this is harmful to me where I am not harming TSP at all. If something like this is to be done, then it needs to be done across the board, not just in WA matters

As a former long time NPO member, I absolutely am okay with order and restrictions. Even though the NPO doesn't enforce harshly much of the laws in practice, we all join it with the understanding that it's an absolute tyranny. So we consent to those limitations from the get go, and they aren't half-arsed ones.

Does it make sense for a Democracy that prides itself on being Defender and Democracy to be as limiting?

If my WA was involved in Roleplay region based on in game nations, why should I be barred from being Minister of Culture here? Why do I need to be forced into an ultimatum to either give up on my roleplay for months or else not be able to do more for TSP?

If we are going to limit our members, we might as well do it all the way. You'd already be limiting some of my freedom to do multiple things into an ultimatum. At least with the NPO, we sign up for that in advance when we join it.
[-] The following 5 users Like Damination's post:
  • Belschaft, Jebediah, Purple Hyacinth, Qaweritoyu, Stan Melix

Messages In This Thread
RE: Charter Amendment - Executive WA Requirement - by Damination - 05-25-2021, 05:02 AM