We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Charter Amendment - Executive WA Requirement

(05-27-2021, 03:15 AM)Moonstar Wrote: First time I have heard 6 extras endorsements that aren't even ROs could make us impregnable. I have failed to see Mt. Tai.

I was waiting for a security related argument, and it's one of the worst ones that could be brought forth.

I'm sure we can all remain civil towards each other. In the end we all just want what's best for the region, so there's no point in adding language that does little more than antagonise.

(05-27-2021, 09:11 AM)Tsunamy Wrote: But, more to the point, I'm not sure how we can expect every Joe-schomo in the region to endorse the delegate and CRS while simultaneously saying that the head of our government doesn't need to.

To be fair, nobody is obligated to endorse anyone, not even the Prime Minister. We strongly encourage and have an entire infrastructure to support that goal, but at the end of the day it's each nation's choice. Do I think it would be smart for our leaders to put their money where their mouth is and endorse the Delegate and the CSS? Sure, I think that makes sense. I'm just not sure that legally compelling that is in line with our values, particularly since this does send a message that any level of effort will never be enough unless you put your WA here, even though our message has always been that anyone is welcome to our highest levels of government if they put in a good faith effort.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System
[-] The following 7 users Like Kris Kringle's post:
  • Damination, Encaitar, Jebediah, Moon, Qaweritoyu, Quebecshire, Stan Melix

Messages In This Thread
RE: Charter Amendment - Executive WA Requirement - by Kris Kringle - 05-27-2021, 10:03 AM