We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Charter Amendment - Executive WA Requirement

I said this in leg lounge but forgot to repost here. After a fair amount of consideration I've grown less and less attached to the idea of requiring WA for cabinet members. At a base level I think the problem is this: in order to have the desired effect or be enforceable in any way, literally every other major regional government would have to have the same requirement. I don't know what a change to CoI laws wouldn't do better than this. 

In general I support the notion that Executive members should have some sort of commitment to the Coalition as a priority, but that's what we have CoI laws for. I know this proposal has effectively been withdrawn, but I think there may be a way forward with the principle if approached differently.

Witchcraft and Sorcery

Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense. Formerly many things in other regions. Defender. Ideologue. he/they.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Witchcraft and Sorcery's post:
  • Quebecshire

Messages In This Thread
RE: Charter Amendment - Executive WA Requirement - by Witchcraft and Sorcery - 06-02-2021, 07:34 AM