We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[IC] Tunnel of Contest

Paragon Sector,
TaiSihn,
Stoinian Foreign Legion Headquarters

Lieutenant General Keenan Koeremoer was enjoying his break behind his desk. After about a month, the Legionnaires were now well entuned with basic training. Although a few incident forced the Stoinians to make an example of Ryccian supremacists. 200 of them had been put before a firing squad of xenos. Speciesism and racism had no place in the Legion and the new Legionnaires understood that message loud and clear that day. The Foreign Legion was a diverse bunch. Not only because of its many species, but by motivations as well. Some wanted to escape from past crimes or they were too heavily indebted in their nation of origin while others saw this as an opportunity to gain honour. Nonetheless, here they were and it was Koeremoer's job now to forge these lads into a new fighting force. Like his forefather, the legendary Col. Koeremoer, the founder of the Stoinian Army, he was now in charge of making an army. He wanted the Legion to become as fierce if not even fiercer than the Marine Force. The Mandalorians had proven themselves thus far and would form a pillar for the Legion. Just about now the Legion's command to begin dividing the Regiments and Battalions. He had some ideas, but he would receive the needs of the Star Kingdom sooner than expected.

The viewscreen on his desk chirped.

"Incoming message from Grand Marshal Tharal Grant. Priority Code: Zero."

Koeremoer didn't know what to think. That kind of code was only used for the most dire of situations. He hadn't heard it since the Velutarian War, something wasn't right. Especially since it was the Old Bulldog, Grand Marshal Grant himself. He clicked on a button and the Grand Marshal appeared on his screen. 

"Sir, what can I do for you?"

"Lieutenant General Koeremoer, I have some news you might be surprised to hear."

"Ah, how could that be?"

"You know we are at war with the Venterrans now. They have entered the Cornucopia system and Grand Admiral Corvousier is fighting them there as we speak. The Royal War Council is making strategies for possible outcomes. We intend to make them pay for every inch of space. However, we're also planning on ways to liberate Cornucopia. Though recent reports have indicated some worries."

"I'm all ears Sir."

"Reports indicate that the Venterrans are in fact aligned with the Mardakii."

A brief pause overtook the room. Koeremoer didn't believe it. His own kind fighting side by side with the Stoinians' sworn enemy? What had the Stoinians done wrong to bring this cursed situation upon themselves?

"Are you certain, Sir?"

"Quite so, Lieutenant General. I know that you're eager to manifest the Foreign Legion's reputation. It seems that fortune is smiling upon you, I was thinking of recommending the Foreign Legion to help eventually retake Cornucopia as it appears they will be on their own for a while before we can liberate them."

"How much time do you expect before we can retake Cornucopia?"

"The shield could hold for months with the current number of Venterran ships, but I fear that they are still holding back their forces and their initial wave is just to test our tactics and strength. The Old Dreadnought is giving them hell, but I fear he'll be forced to retreat. If the Venterrans decide to push further into our territory, I don't think we can hold them off as our fleets aren't yet in range. At the soonest, I expect we can liberate Cornucopia in six months."

Six months, plenty of time to train the Legionnaires. Yes, he would do it. He would grant the Legion this honour.

"In that case, Sir. I'd like for the Stoinian Foreign Legion to volunteer in the liberation of Cornucopia when the time comes, Sir. They'll be in shape by then."

"Duly noted, Lieutenant General. I expect updates every two weeks from you. I'm sure if anyone can make an army out of that rabble, it must be a Koeremoer. Good luck, Lieutenant General."

"Yes, Sir!"

Just like that the Old Bulldog disappeared. The stakes had risen now, but the Legion needed a goal to function and that is what Koeremoer would give them now. Morale was still low because of the Ryccian supremacists incident, but this might just help them get back on track. Without a doubt, he gave the order to assemble the Legion. He left his desk and in about ten minutes the Stoinian Sergeant Majors had drilled the Legionnaires up in formation. The whole Legion stood below Koeremoer as he looked over them from the balcony. 42.000 individuals stood in front of him. It still amazed him how much that actually meant. As time progressed the numbers of men to able to hold a planet had grown exponentially, let alone an entire Star Kingdom. The true scope of the Army at large was nearly unthinkable, but Koeremoer hadn't yet grown accustomed to having so many under his direct command. The Legion was silent, awaiting for the reason why they had been assembled. It had only happened once during this time of day so the Legionnaires were perplexed.

"Legionnaires!"

"Sir! Yes, Sir!"

"A great terror has befallen the Stoinian Star Kingdom. You may not know, but a recent discovery of a wormhole in the Cornucopia system, and subsequent contact with a hostile star nation, known as the Venterran Federation, has lead to our Kingdom to declare war. Gentlebeings, we are at war!"
 The Legion murmured, but the Sergeant Majors were swift to keep the silence.

"I'm told that the Venterrans are Terrans just as I and many of you. Not only that, but they have aligned themselves with the sworn enemy of all Stoinians: the cursed Mardakii. Those names may not say much to you, but in time they will. We Stoinians never fathomed the idea that we'd have to fight our fellow Terran brethren. But many of you aren't limited by such fears. No, my dear Legionnaires. You fear nothing, not even death itself. For you are already dead! This is the opportunity that will define each and every one of you. This war with the Venterrans will forge you into the most ruthless Legion this Star Kingdom has ever known. Just recently I volunteered this very Legion to be amongst the first units to help liberate the planet of Cornucopia from these intruders! The honour will be ours!"

Some of the Legionnaires began to shout Kote, the Mandalorian word for glory. Their enthusiasm for war was unlike anyone else's. Koeremoer smiled upon his men. 

"Indeed, glory awaits us all. But before we claim that glory, we still have much to do. My superiors have told me that they expect us to fight in six months, but I want you ready in five! The past month of training was just the beginning. A mere introduction of what is yet to come. For if you truly want to claim eternal glory, you must use every ounce of strength in you to overcome your training and that of the battlefield. The following month you'll be tested thoroughly and designated to a Battalion with its own specialization. So rise up and claim your new identity and home in the Legion. For the Legion! Victory is life!"

In unison, the Legionnaires repeated their Commander. "For the Legion! Victory is life!" Then the Mandalorians again stole the show, they started to sing a traditional war song from their cultures. Vode An it was called and their fellow Legionnaires began to sing it with them or at least tried. The gesture moved Koeremoer. It had worked, the troops were motivated again. They would claim their glory.
Pacifica: MyriaSallodesia, Stoinia • A1-0: Stoinian Star Kingdom • Aurora: Kingdom of Threnebor

Messages In This Thread
[IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 01-09-2021, 02:54 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 01-17-2021, 05:05 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 01-17-2021, 06:22 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 01-17-2021, 09:03 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 01-22-2021, 09:51 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 06-05-2021, 03:04 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 06-14-2021, 05:22 AM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 06-14-2021, 09:58 AM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 06-15-2021, 11:12 AM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 08-01-2021, 04:15 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 08-22-2021, 05:17 PM