We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Withdrawn: Seraph for Delegate, again: no more no less.

You know, I thought about filling this campaign with GIFs, with coloured text, with jokes, but to be quite honest, I'm not feeling any of those things right now and I'm not interested in faking it or anything else for that matter. For the first time in my life, what you see really is pretty much what you get: a queer Christian geek slowly approaching middle age, running for a figurehead in an online community, the average age of which is probably about half his own.

But whatever that says about me, I loved my previous two terms as Delegate. I loved the attention, sure, but I also loved the opportunity to mould the community, to practise pastoral care, to help build our endorsement counts. The world - and the Delegate position - has moved on since then. Delegates like Aumeltopia and Amerion have raised the bar on what is expected in some of these areas and I'm here to tell you that… I can't do that. I'm not that good. I'm not an administrative whiz like Amerion, nor a Wunderkind like Aumeltopia and for all the colour of personality I've developed, I'm not that talented in most of the areas prized in NationStates.

So what do you get if you elect me? You get stability, familiarity and a dedication to serving the region in some fairly understated ways. I will commit my votes in the World Assembly in as timely a manner possible once you take into account time zones and life. I will do what the cabinet and the OWL tell me to do and I'll be a face on the RMB, tying the region (lightly) together. I will bring back my Delegate diaries, so people's can understand a bit what it's like in the de facto most powerful seat in the region. And I'll carry on doing my own thing, too, as and when.

And that's mostly it. I don't have grand plans or designs. I don't have fancy graphics. All I have is a desire to serve as a figurehead in making the South Pacific as welcoming and inclusive a place as possible. If that isn't enough for you then you should vote for someone else. Simple really!

Conflict of Interest Disclosure.

Erinor, my main, has has resided in the South Pacific these past five years, during which time I've been on the LC, served a record number of terms as MoRA, served hair a term as PM and they terms as Delegate.
I have briefly been citizens of Osiris, Lazarus and Albion and am currently a citizen in both Spiritus and Gay.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8
[-] The following 9 users Like Seraph's post:
  • Amerion, Belschaft, HumanSanity, Jay Coop, Moon, Rebeltopia, Somyrion, Tishers [Nyxonia], Witchcraft and Sorcery

Messages In This Thread
Withdrawn: Seraph for Delegate, again: no more no less. - by Seraph - 07-03-2021, 04:42 PM