We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Commend Imki/OWL recommendation

Wew okay. So, to reiterate, OWL gives recommendations based on the votes of the people who turn in the OWL RMB during voting times. You can technically say that it sets the recommendation for the region, but a more accurate perspective on the subject is that it represents the opinion of all voters who have shown up in the thread to provide feedback. A number of those voters can be (and have been) members of government and members of cabinet.

So, the request is to pre-emptively override that process on the grounds that the cabinet does not trust whatever outcome it would be. For, as of right now, there is not even an open vote on this subject.

I would like to echo HS' concerns about what matters of regional security we believe this commendation poses. If we believe that Imki is a threat to the region, we should probably remove her from our discord server. Otherwise, it's not clear to me what critical issue OWL acting according to its established procedures poses.

I'd like some clarification from the Foreign Affairs minister about what he would like the effect to be. As the logs indicate to me that he is interested in either blocking a recommendation being issued or blocking the delegate from voting affirmatively. Those are two very different things. In no uncertain terms, I do not support an Against override at this time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Commend Imki/OWL recommendation - by Luca - 07-07-2021, 11:43 PM
RE: Commend Imki/OWL recommendation - by Jay Coop - 07-08-2021, 12:04 AM
RE: Commend Imki/OWL recommendation - by Luca - 07-08-2021, 12:24 AM