We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[PASSED] Amendment to the "World Assembly Act"

(07-10-2021, 08:07 PM)Belschaft Wrote: Declarations are able to use such language and make provisions of that nature, but mechanically they’re not going to be enforced. It would be interesting GP is a group of regions actively took it upon themselves to try to enforce the will of the SC via diploma and military action but I’m doubtful that it will happen.

I believe that's the intent and what Sedgistan is hoping for (and why he was so eager to implement it so fast). But yeah, for something that's so obviously targeted for use by big and influential regions (who else is going to impose costs on the non-compliers, or what other regions are going to cause any scandal by not complying?)... there was very little thought into getting those regions together and seeing if they'd actually take SC declarations seriously enough for that.

That being said, though, I think that's the direction we're eventually heading in, at least with declarations on things like recruitment, Antifa, and other hot-topic issues, and I'd rather we stake out our sovereignty early on.
[-] The following 4 users Like sandaoguo's post:
  • Encaitar, HumanSanity, Moon, Rebeltopia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amendment to the "World Assembly Act" - by sandaoguo - 07-10-2021, 09:43 PM