We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Why is our Delegate voting to commend our couper?

(07-11-2021, 02:16 AM)HumanSanity Wrote:
(07-11-2021, 12:07 AM)Tsunamy Wrote: I would like to add that I strongly believe Imki is a relevant threat to the region. She's very clearly held a grudge against the region in the intervening years and, frankly, I was disturbed that during the discussion of her commendation she had comments I made years ago at the ready to criticize Glen.
This is an argument that wasn't expressed in Cabinet discussion and I didn't know the history of on my own. Is Imki in a position right now to use such a platform to destabilize the Coalition or its foreign connections? I'm asking pointedly, but I don't know. I saw she criticized Glen, but that on its own did not make me think she presented an imminent threat to TSP.

Unless I misread something (which, to be fair could have happened as I responded rather late my time), W&S said that Imki couldn't possibly be a security threat because she is active in our Discord server, and served in the Cabinet after the coup. That's the comment I was referring to.

To be fair, she's not actively a threat right now, but could easily be in the future. It's rare that someone is going to overrun a region, but much easier to ingratiate themselves in the community, earn power and then misuse it. Which leads to the long and short of it (which I didn't have the clarity to articulate late night): our vote in support of this commendation gives her cover to say "It really wasn't that bad / the region supports(ed) me / look they even voted to commend me!"
-tsunamy
[forum admin]
[-] The following 2 users Like Tsunamy's post:
  • Penguin, Qaweritoyu

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is our Delegate voting to commend our couper? - by Tsunamy - 07-11-2021, 08:47 AM