We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

July 2021 Speaker of the Assembly Election

Noor Aqaba - Speaker of the World Forum

”I would like to thank the assembly for their confidence in me, and their confidence in Izaakia to lead this assembly for the next six months. I would also like to thank my opponent for an election hard fought, and I’m sure they would have led a strong term as speaker with a truly great agenda.
For my term as speaker I hope to put the spotlight on several issues that are close to my heart. Growing up as a refugee in Izaakia, I have experienced first hand the kindness and hospitality that the international community can provide to those in need. However, I was lucky, many young girls are not as lucky as I was to have the opportunities for a first class education, a safe home and equal opportunities. My aim in this term as speaker is to put a spotlight on issues such as equal education for girls, but also to raise the standards of education for all children for education is the key to peace and prosperity. I will also propose a convention on refugees, so that no person becomes stateless and no state is unfairly burdened with refugees belong their ability to cope. And thirdly I will create a task force to prevent human trafficking, a terrible issue that thousands of vulnerable young girls fall victim to every year in our region. 
As an Izaakian, I am also passionate about the environment and our seas. Alongside the CLE and INL i intend to create an international framework for the laws and rules of the sea, in order to protect our common resource the sea for future generations, and to set limits on its exploitation and enshrine in international law shipping rights. Furthermore I will propose a framework to legally bind nations to reduce carbon emissions, but also to help developing nations to follow us on this journey, because the poorest people are the people most vulnerable to the effects of climate change.
I would once again like to thank my fellow members for your confidence in me, I will not let you down. Over the next few days I will announce my nomination for deputy speaker, and begin leaders debates.”
Gianni: “Izaakia, I hate you so much. You’re such a good bad guy. Must be because of your genes“.
Gianni, 21:42 14 Dec 2020, # Pacifica Discussion
[-] The following 3 users Like Izaakia's post:
  • GI-Land, Klô, Qwert

Messages In This Thread
RE: July 2021 Speaker of the Assembly Election - by Izaakia - 07-29-2021, 03:10 PM