We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Amendment to the Legislator Committee Act

(08-03-2021, 11:20 AM)Qaweritoyu Wrote:
(08-03-2021, 10:48 AM)Kris Kringle Wrote: There has been at least one instance of a legislator requesting an indefinite leave of absence, so without detracting from the validity of your argument, I do think there needs to be a way to ensure that the figure of LoAs is not abused or used as a way to circumvent activity requirements. Perhaps LoAs themselves are automatic but the Chair or LegComm can end or shorten them if the leave is no longer reasonable?

I would argue if there is no end date, a LoA has not been submitted because for it to be a Leave, there must be an end date.
Why leave that up to argument when we could put it into writing quite easily?

Anyway, generally speaking, I agree with HumanSanity that there isn't really an issue with the law here. Though, I'm fine with Kris' suggestion, especially since it does seem a little weird to need the Chair to "approve" LOAs, especially for IRL reasons, in any situations where they aren't being clearly abused.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amendment to the Legislator Committee Act - by Quebecshire - 08-03-2021, 12:16 PM