We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Amendment to the Legislator Committee Act

(08-06-2021, 12:58 AM)Damination Wrote: As for indefinite LoA, I don't like that in general. If someone is gone for 3 months or more it's not likely they are gonna comeback until outside matters are resolved in some way. It shouldn't take me 3 or more months to acclimate to a new job for instance. You have better things to do than worry about having to reapply again.

There is also the hypothetical issue of asking an indefinite or unreasonably long leave, like in the example you give, but still remaining with normal or lower levels of activity, which if left unchecked would result in indefinite immunity from activity checks. In the end the Chair needs to have a role, if not in approving leaves, at least in ensuring that they aren’t used in an undue manner.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kris Kringle's post:
  • Damination

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amendment to the Legislator Committee Act - by Kris Kringle - 08-06-2021, 11:13 AM