We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[FAILED] Amendment to the Charter and the Military Code (the Admiralty)

(09-18-2021, 10:45 PM)Amerion Wrote:
(09-18-2021, 05:39 PM)Nakari Wrote: I don't get why this is wanted and I don't like it very much. I don't have a coherent reason for this: reminds me too much of the British Navy while the current thing is more neutral, maybe? Reminds me of cringy British regions? Admiral seems kind of pompous? I'm just too familiar with the current ones? Either way I feel like it would be dumb to let this pass and then complain so I'll complain now and get it over with.

I don't mind Cadet (and maybe Sailor but idk just has such a different vibe to Soldier) but the rest is kinda ugh to me.

I'd also feel weird seeing this get voted on with so little SPSF input - I want to see more opinions from people involved in the military pls, positive or negative Tounge
This has been discussed at some length on Discord (see Legislator Lounge) with members of the SPSF and the Minister has expressed general support.

I see one additional SPSF member in favor there, I think...?

Ah well, at least my protest has been noted. Tounge
[-] The following 2 users Like Nakari's post:
  • Amerion, Penguin

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DISCUSSION] Amendment to the Charter and the Military Code (the Admiralty) - by Nakari - 09-19-2021, 06:23 AM