We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

RoFAvin 2.0: Electric Boogaloo

(10-09-2021, 04:10 AM)Roavin Wrote: As with other regions, I will be reaching out to TNP to just discuss how things are at the moment. Points of contention, such as what you mentioned, will certainly be brought up and discussed. TNP's incoming Delegate is Madjack, who became their MoFA near the end of my last term and with whom we were able to then finally reach an agreement on the quorum raiding dispute that plagued us throughout the first half of the year. Where that ultimately goes is up in the air, though I'd like to note that the Aurora Alliance is our eldest extant treaty and that's not an accident of history.

I'm very concerned with this answer. While I realize you may have some attachment to the "agreement" that was signed, I have to say as the Prime Minister who agreed to it, I think it has ultimately shown itself to be a mistake. TNP still takes antagonizing, or at best opposing, positions to TSP on a number of foreign policy issues particularly surrounding the World Assembly and military gameplay. My concern is that there's no lesson learned here, as this response approaches that agreement as a positive. And the note about the TSP-TNP treaty being the oldest extant one seems to portray a sense that, again, we will go to nearly any length to keep the "alliance" for the sole sake of keeping it because it's our oldest extant one.

I've shared my thoughts about the "agreement" that was negotiated when I was PM and you were MoFA. But to summarize, it was a band aid solution to a long-term problem that had no clear possible resolution. This Cabinet has already felt constrained in broader FA considerations towards TNP because of this very narrow and singular non-binding agreement. I continue to seriously worry that it's been over-sold and being used as a roadblock to other avenues that would be better for TSP in the long run. The future of TSP does not go through the Aurora Alliance, and indeed has been impeded more than helped by it overall dating all the way back to TNP's reluctance to fight against Hileville's coup until nearly the last minute.

Messages In This Thread
RoFAvin 2.0: Electric Boogaloo - by Roavin - 10-08-2021, 09:48 AM
RE: RoFAvin 2.0: Electric Boogaloo - by Jay Coop - 10-08-2021, 09:06 PM
RE: RoFAvin 2.0: Electric Boogaloo - by Roavin - 10-09-2021, 04:10 AM
RE: RoFAvin 2.0: Electric Boogaloo - by sandaoguo - 10-10-2021, 10:46 AM