We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[IC] Tunnel of Contest

Fleet Commander Akira Kensei was enjoying green tea in his cabin when news of Cornucopia's shield falling reached him. The Commander sighed softly disappointed with how quickly the shields fell as he accepted the role of invader reluctantly and looked down at the table. "Himiko..." he said summoning a hologram of the Ship's SAI and asked, "What was the previous assessment of their planetary shields?" "Two weeks Commander." Himiko Replied, "But I suspect that several capital ships have slowly diverted power from a nonessential source like the shields or engines to increase power to their weapons and gradually whittle down the enemy shields faster."

Commander Kensei sighed, he understood why some of his captains would gradually ramp up their firepower at the expense of the shield. They weren't zealots like Recklez, but they were still eager for challenge. To those officers, Cornucopia offered a challenge, one that was never offered by the pirates of A10. He then said,  "I see, and how long would it take them to cycle power back to the shield or engines to deal with the Stoinians when they inevitably try to meet us with whatever was left behind?" "An hour at most sir." replied the AI without a skipping a beat. The Commander's lips barely concealed a grin as he responded, 'It seems luck is on their side. They've been given an extra hour by Venterra to flee inside the planet or prepare themselves for the inevitable. However, even though we won't fire at the planet until the fleet finishes cycling power back into balance. Deploy bombers, drones, sentinels and fighter to screen the enemy response."

"Understood sir, relaying orders to the rest of the fleet." Himiko said as the Commander finished his tea. "Oh and Himiko," the commander said, causing the SAI to look up at him. Record the Following message and relay it to the Terrans below.

"Greetings to all the poor souls trapped on Cornucopia. I am Fleet Commander Akira Kensei 501st Strike Fleet and unlike your Marshal Häkkinen, who may defend you to his last breath, I've been tasked with invading and securing the planet for future invasions into Terran territory. Now you may be wondering if I'm going to demand that you all surrender now that your shields are down, your fleets routed and that you are all one step away from being orbitally glassed to Venterra... However, I will not insult your honor by asking for your surrender, but by the Blood of the Tangaloa, you have one hour to make peace with your makers and accept your inevitable demise at my soldiers hands. And to Marshal Häkkinen if you are like the other prisoners of war who threw a fit over collateral damage, you have one hour to evacuate all non-essential personnel deeper into the planet. One Hour, Marshal."

As the Commander finished his message, Himiko looked concerned and said, “Was it necessary to imply that the enemy commander is a prisoner of war?” The commander shook his head and sighed. “Yes… he may not be in a cell in a Venterran prison but his prison is much worse. Unlike ourselves the Marshal can’t simply retreat off world. He is trapped, forced to endure the horrors of war and try to stave off the full might of our strike fleet. If a man is unable to realize his true situation then they have already lost. By knowing his situation he can keep us occupied long enough for his people to mount a rescue.” “And you’re certain they’ll come for him?” “No, but we will inevitably reach a point where our fleets are stretched to the brink and the question is can he survive until we hit that nexus or if he’ll die before and leave the defenders leaderless…”

He then silently refilled his tea listening to hum of the cabin as the silent scream of the fighters echoed across the halls as they flew down to engage the Stoinians rising to meet them in combat.
Just call me Frost

Roleplayer,
Former member of the Pool of Justices

King of the Hill

Messages In This Thread
[IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 01-09-2021, 02:54 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 01-17-2021, 05:05 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 01-17-2021, 06:22 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 01-17-2021, 09:03 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 01-22-2021, 09:51 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 06-05-2021, 03:04 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 06-14-2021, 05:22 AM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 06-14-2021, 09:58 AM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 06-15-2021, 11:12 AM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 08-01-2021, 04:15 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 08-22-2021, 05:17 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 08-24-2021, 05:38 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 08-28-2021, 12:16 AM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 10-15-2021, 07:35 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 10-24-2021, 07:17 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Imperial Frost Federation - 11-04-2021, 10:48 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 11-08-2021, 07:16 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 12-05-2021, 09:58 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 12-24-2021, 01:14 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 01-03-2022, 08:10 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 01-04-2022, 12:51 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 01-04-2022, 03:37 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 01-08-2022, 03:31 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 01-09-2022, 04:07 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 01-12-2022, 10:23 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 01-13-2022, 12:49 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 01-26-2022, 09:50 PM
RE: [IC] Tunnel of Contest - by Maverick - 03-03-2022, 07:33 PM