We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Nicholas and Great British Times

NATIONAL PARK CLOSED DOWN

His Excellency has closed down a national park on the most south-east part of Nicholas and Great Britain. Trees would be chopped down for wood and a coal mine will be set up after the war as any explosives that would be used for blasting has been sent to the military.
[Image: Beech_trees_in_Mallard_Wood%2C_New_Fores...779513.jpg]
New Forest National Park

New Forest National Park was closed down by order of his Excellency in the evening of the 24th of November, 2021. The trees will be chopped down for wood and there are plans for a coal mine to be set up after research showed that there are large amounts of coal underneath the forests. The mine will not be set up until all the forest has been cleared and the war has ended so that explosives can be used for the military instead. This decision was made after heavy debate in the Houses of Parliament. Many MPs said that the area was a big and important national park in Nicholas and Great Britain and is a home to lots of wildlife. An MP said, 'Destroying the forest may destabilise the entire food web in the area.' However many other MPs said that the national park had many resources and that it is 'an opportunity that must not be looked away from.' In the end his Excellency agreed with the side supporting the park to be closed down.

Messages In This Thread
Nicholas and Great British Times - by Nicholas and Great Britain - 11-24-2021, 04:30 PM