We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[OOC] WikiProject: IUFA FWC

Okay, so I've been a bit busy IRL recently. I haven't had the chance to test this out on the wiki, but based on a discussion from Discord a few days ago (on how this system seems a bit complicated, which I agree with), I'm curious if this system might work better?
  • Group tables and match reports are written directly on the page for each FWC
  • These are wrapped in the tags so that they are transcludable sections that can be imported into other articles
  • Articles for each group, on second thought, do seem like a lot of work for not a lot of info... if anyone gets together to figure out historical kits, lineups, formations, etc. those can go on the group pages avoid cluttering the main FWC article, and import the transcludable sections as needed from the main article... otherwise, we can probably skip these articles
This is pretty different from what Wikipedia is, but it's (obviously) a lot simpler and hopefully sufficient for our purposes. I think it also has the advantage that someone who doesn't want to learn all the complicated wiki stuff but just wants to write down the results of some games can contribute, and other editors can add some tags/templates/etc. to turn those into transcludable sections later.

Possible downsides might be that it's harder to copy-paste templates from Wikipedia because we'd be using a different system than them; or if any WikiText issues pop up it might be a little harder to debug since there's no Wikipedia template for reference.

When I get some more free time I'll try out testing to see if this all works Tounge
[Image: flag%20of%20esfalsa%20animated.svg] Esfalsa | NationStatesWiki | Roleplay | Discord

[Image: rank_officer.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_2.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_3.min.svg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pronoun's post:
  • GI-Land

Messages In This Thread
[OOC] WikiProject: IUFA FWC - by Pronoun - 11-29-2021, 12:01 AM
RE: [OOC] WikiProject: IUFA FWC - by Pronoun - 12-03-2021, 03:54 AM