We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[DISCUSSION] Amendment to the Sunshine Act

Quote:It is kept in the dark because those elected by it doesn't trust the Assembly.
I can assure you that any percieved trust issues that you believe exists between the Cabinet and the Assembly are completely unfounded. Previous Cabinets have consistently kept this august body informed on ongoing diplomatic discussions with other regions. You're utilizing a set of extraordinarily unprecedented circumstances that no one could've foreseen to make your point, which doesn't exactly lend credence to your argument that the Cabinet is inherently secretive in nature.

Quote:Assembly kept in the dark so all it does is rubberstamp whatever the Cabinet puts in front of it.
I find it offensive that you would suggest that our Assembly is merely here for rubber-stamping things that the Cabinet puts forth, when the reality is probably the farthest from it. Several of the threads that I've linked above has prominent, outspoken Legislators object to various points put forward by the Cabinet and several previous Cabinets have faced heavy criticism for the things they did while in office. That doesn't sound like the Assembly is merely rubber-stamping whatever the Cabinet puts foward; the exact opposite actually.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DISCUSSION] Amendment to the Sunshine Act - by Moon - 03-24-2022, 08:42 AM