We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

LegComm powers for SPSF Generals

I think the title sums my request up pretty well.

Section 1.(2) of the Military Code, which details the duties and responsibilities of the General Corps, states that;
Quote:The General Corps shall be the supreme entity leading the military, hold responsibility for the planning and overseeing all missions of the military, decide all personnel matters including applications and promotions, and handle disciplinary actions as a tribunal.

While most of the work a General is supposed to do doesn't require any special technical access of any sort, this changes when we arrive at processing new applicants for the SPSF. From what I understand, the typical security checks for someone joining us is pretty much the same as the Legislator check, and requires access to the Admin Control Panel (ACP). It's a really essential process for every R/D organization out there, as utilizing spys is a commonly used tactic in the scene, especially when our military remains the most likely place a potential bad-faith actor wishing to harm TSP would infiltrate first.

However, the members of the General Corps do not get any access to the ACP. I don't know why this is a thing, but they don't and have to instead rely upon LegComm members to get these checks done.

Up until now, this wasn't really a prevalent issue as all three members of the General Corps were also active members of LegComm and could easily check over new applicants using those powers. However, this is not the case anymore. Those three LegComm-Generals? They've either retired or signalled to retire from their positions, leaving only a sole General who was confirmed just a couple hours ago as the only active member of the body behind. And they don't have any powers to carry out arguably their most pressing duty without having to rely on someone else, thus significantly backlogging SPSF applications and risking the loss of interest and engagement from prospective contributers to the region.

I personally don't believe that we would face any problem if Generals are given access to the ACP. They're confirmed into their position by the Assembly, just like LegComm members, signifying that an overwhelming majority of the region needs to have trust in a proposed candidate before they're sworn in as a General. They already need to have an extensive and decorated record of service in the SPSF, as well as showcase a proven investment in the health and growth of our regional military to be even considered as a candidate for the General Corps. I can't think of any regular instances where it may backfire on the region, except in extremely unusual circumstances that are unlikely to occur.

As always, open to hear others' opinion on it.

Messages In This Thread
LegComm powers for SPSF Generals - by Moon - 03-29-2022, 03:07 PM
RE: LegComm powers for SPSF Generals - by LFP - 03-29-2022, 04:42 PM
RE: LegComm powers for SPSF Generals - by LFP - 03-29-2022, 06:29 PM
RE: LegComm powers for SPSF Generals - by Moon - 04-01-2022, 10:38 AM
RE: LegComm powers for SPSF Generals - by Moon - 04-18-2022, 08:34 AM