We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[PASSED] Assembly Resolution on Local Council Reform

(03-31-2022, 05:59 PM)LFP Wrote: Further, the Assembly should not be able to abolish the Local Council on its own without the consent of the residents of the region, per Charter, Title 3, Section (5).

I don't see where anyone implied otherwise?

(03-31-2022, 05:59 PM)LFP Wrote: I would very much rather see the Cabinet running a regional poll for WA natives to see whether they want to see a. No change, b. LC abolished, apolitical moderation team, c) Option B, but with Ministry for RMB Affairs, d) whatever else people can come up with.

I think Glen said this at some point, but it's naive to think that people won't always vote for the option that lets them keep power, even if they do absolutely nothing with it. In that sense, I don't really see much value in a poll.

(On that note, I don't see value in a Ministry of Gameside/RMB Affairs either. Anything that would be done by it could also be done by existing ministries. I know some have said that this would make no sense because ministerial staff doesn't know the RMB, but I think this is a silly argument because:

1. So far the government has been operating under the assumption that the LC is the primary institution in charge of the gameside, so there is little incentive to get to know it.
2. It presumes that ministerial staff can't even get to know the gameside.
3. It presumes that either ministries won't recruit from the gameside or that gamesiders won't join ministries. In the latter case, then I would wonder why even have gameside governance in the first place.)
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Messages In This Thread
RE: Assembly Resolution on Local Council Reform - by Kris Kringle - 03-31-2022, 06:20 PM