We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[PASSED] Assembly Resolution on Local Council Reform

(03-31-2022, 06:20 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote:
Quote:Further, the Assembly should not be able to abolish the Local Council on its own without the consent of the residents of the region, per Charter, Title 3, Section (5).
I don't see where anyone implied otherwise?

It was both a preamble for the very next sentence and a reason why we should consider a poll in the region to gauge what the gameside wants. 

Yes, the people may vote for the option that keeps them in power. And if that happens, and if the region votes against abolishing the Local Council, we would at least know that whatever we pass, the gameside won't approve it for it to take effect. 

(03-31-2022, 06:20 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote: (On that note, I don't see value in a Ministry of Gameside/RMB Affairs either. Anything that would be done by it could also be done by existing ministries. I know some have said that this would make no sense because ministerial staff doesn't know the RMB, but I think this is a silly argument because:

They were just some throwaway options, but I have no feelings for or against a Ministry for Gameside/RMB/etc. Options could be worded better if there is to be a poll in the region.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Assembly Resolution on Local Council Reform - by LFP - 04-02-2022, 08:45 PM