We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

RMB Future: RMB Liaisons + Mods + MoC authority

(08-22-2022, 02:10 PM)Pronoun Wrote: Look, personally, I don't want to get rid of any of the current functions of the Local Council. That doesn't mean I'm attached to specifically having a Local Council that serves as a "local government" that advertises the "offsite government" — in fact, I find that establishing a distinction between on-site and off-site is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Consequently, I'm not really sure how to interpret "I don’t want to fully get rid of the Local Council." I know you don't, but from my perspective, it doesn't really answer why. Why is having a separate, local government — and any kind of "on-site" vs. "off-site" dichotomy — the most effective way to actually engage with the RMB, in your view?

Really good question. As Minister of Culture, my field doesn't really do this, though I do tend to be active in many places in TSP. RMB, forums, discord, TSPedia. I see individually each community that is there. We're different, but at the end of the day, we're all one TSP. I would encourage Griffindor to have more engagement initiatives, getting people from NS over to participate on the forums and have a say in our government. But since we don't do much of that- or we do and it isn't effective - the Local Council is a vital body that helps administrate gameside affairs. People on gameside love the Local Council, they have a special connection to it. And that's what we want. Our jobs as Ministers are to really connect with those who elected us, and those we serve. The Local Council does exactly that. 

I made my little "bill" thing for a compromise, but in reality, as you said, I want to keep every single thing about the Local Council. Well, maybe reform a little bit if required (as I would be open to having LCs be ambassadors from gameside to forumside).
maluhia
minister of culture
ambassador to lazarus
roleplayer

Messages In This Thread
RE: RMB Future: RMB Liaisons + Mods + MoC authority - by maluhia - 08-22-2022, 02:38 PM